From: "Richard" <>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2005 10:02 AM
Subject: hyperlink to word from a webpage
Does anyone know if it is possible to set anchor points of some sort (maybe bookmarks) in word 2003 documents and then access them from a regular web page? I want to keep the Word document in Word format for a variety of reasons

Theres not any reason why a bookmark to a section of a Word document
(EX: http://yourdomain.com/yourfolder/Word.doc#section ) wouldn't work
PROVIDED the visitor has the same Word version or higher installed on their
computer.

It's no different linking to a Word doc than it is to an image, PDF or page,
which are all dependent upon which software's the visitor has installed.
***********

. . . I have my word document set up (a lot of tables) with bookmarks. I
would like to create on an index of these bookmarks at the start of my
document so that co-workers will be able to quickly move to the index and to
the next section quickly. This will be posted on our intranet. I will have
a list there linking them to bookmarks. However, I would like to have a
index within the document once they have it open, to save them having to go
back to the intranet to find the next bookmark needed.

Any help will be much appreciated . . .

Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hello Amy

Amy Schmid wrote:
[..]
. . . I have my word document set up (a lot of tables) with bookmarks. I
would like to create on an index of these bookmarks at the start of my
document so that co-workers will be able to quickly move to the index and to
the next section quickly. This will be posted on our intranet. I will have
a list there linking them to bookmarks. However, I would like to have a
index within the document once they have it open, to save them having to go
back to the intranet to find the next bookmark needed.

you could create a "table of tables", either manually (by inserting
cross-references to all your bookmarks), or by using a TOC field (table
of contents for a table of figures/tables). The latter approach uses
existing captions to the tables.

HTH
Robert