Create a SiteMap page from the Navigation Structure?

M

Mr B

Is there any way to have FP Create a SiteMap page based off of the Navigation strutcute I set up in
the Navigation window (FP2002)?

I need to add an official Site Map page and really don't want to create it by hand....

Thanks

M

Mr B

Well, it appears that the "Table of COntents" is really just a Site Map so I guess I'll try that.
But feel free to reply to this if there's a different way....

M

Mr B

Well apparently Not. Doing a Table of Contents seems to go to the index page and just follows all
the lnks through the various pages and puts that as the table of contents. WHat I want is FP to
look at the Navigation View and turn that into a Site Map and not pay any attention to the
hyperlinks on the individual pages...

Thanks.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Let FP create the table of content, view it in your browser, then save as
HTML complete, delete the original TOC page you had created, import the
saved TOC back into FP and then remove any links you don't want.

--

==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, Forums, WebCircle,
MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

M

Mr B

OK I guess that will work.

I have a couple pages in my Navigation view that are external pages linked below one of my own
pages. THese don't seem to get imported into the Table of Contents. Is there any way to make it do
that or will I have to add all those by hand?

M

Mr B

Also, is there any way to have 1 page appear twice in the Navigation view? I have one page that is
in two places because it applies to two sections. How can I get that to show up twice in the
Navigation view, or will I have to add that one manually as well?

Ask a Question