Counting cells with a specific fill color

Counting Cells With Fill Color

I read the posts from 7/06 about how to count cells that have a specific fill
color. We are using fill colors in an excel spreadsheet to indicate tasks
that are completed for a project we are working on and we used the code that
was supplied in the posts for 7/07. My problem is, when I close the Excel
spreadsheet and then open the spreadsheet back up, it does not recognize the
name ColorIndex from the VBA code. What we are doing is deleting all the
code and entering it again as if we were doing for the first time. Is there
a way to keep everything so we don't have to keep doing this every time we
open and close the Excel spreadsheet?

Jim Cone

You would have to save the workbook in order to save the code.

Also, why would you expect anybody reading your message to know what
"posts from 7/06" and "posts for 7/07" refer to?
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

wrote in message
I read the posts from 7/06 about how to count cells that have a specific fill
color. We are using fill colors in an excel spreadsheet to indicate tasks
that are completed for a project we are working on and we used the code that
was supplied in the posts for 7/07. My problem is, when I close the Excel
spreadsheet and then open the spreadsheet back up, it does not recognize the
name ColorIndex from the VBA code. What we are doing is deleting all the
code and entering it again as if we were doing for the first time. Is there
a way to keep everything so we don't have to keep doing this every time we
open and close the Excel spreadsheet?

Counting Cells With Fill Color

We have saved the workbook (I have used Excel for several years, and know to
do that). Did you test the code from the post on 'Counting Cells Based On
Formating? It is this code that I am talking about.

As far as your question on how anyone is to know what posts I am talking
about, I am not used to using a discussion group, so please don't be rude to
me while I am learning how to do these things. I rarely need to go find any
information and just discovered this discussion group.