Corsair Raptor K40 Gaming Keyboard

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Benchmark Reviews have been taking a look at the Corsair Raptor K40 Gaming Keyboard - here's a snippet:

"Mechanical keyboards such as Corsair’s Vengeance K70 keyboards have garnered praise from industry pundits and users alike. But there’s no escaping the fact that keyboards with individual mechanical key switches are expensive: the aforementioned K70 retails for $130.00. But as it turns out, you can get much of the style and functionality of Corsair’s high-end keyboards for a lot less money. Today Benchmark Reviews takes a look at Corsair’s Raptor K40 Gaming Keyboard.

Corsair’s CH-9000051-NA keyboard attempts to strike a balance between features and cost: it does this by eliminating “peripheral” features like a braided cover on the USB cable, metal construction, USB pass-through ports, a wrist rest, and most importantly, mechanical key switches. Although they’ve been increasing in popularity, there’s no getting around the fact that mechanical key switches are expensive, so the Raptor K40 Gaming Keyboard uses a rubber-dome design to keep the cost down."

corsair_raptor_k40_keyboard_and_box.jpg

Read their full review here.

CSB

Reaction score
Another good review there Becky. Many of these tend to have the back lit keys know, but I understand this is the lower end of Corsair's keyboard offerings which is why I can't understand the price tag.

I've never forked out for a mid or high end keyboard as I don't play enough games to justify it really. Always something to do around the house lol

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
A gaming keyboard sans mechanical switches?

A bit like decaffeinated coffee methinks - pointless ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It is an, err, expensive non-mech keyboard ... I don't get it. :confused:

is it like, Apple? :)

CSB

Reaction score
Very Expensive for what you get. I'm begining to go off Corsair. Only got their 860i PSU because I claimed on the warrenty and that still cost over £48 to send the faulty one to the netherlands. They did the "If it gets lost it's not our responsability, so we highly recommend you send tracked" routine. Too much for them to have a UK address.

Anyway, getting back to this, what keyboards/mice does everyone else currently use???

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Its pricey because its RGB LED's. Still wouldn't swap my Ducky Shine 3 for it though!!

CSB

Reaction score
Will have a watch of this after work. Linus ..... he has pretty much one of the coolest jobs in the world!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
£48.21 at today's rates.

That may be the literal currency translation from $80 but the reality is that if it costs $80 in The States then it will cost £80 in the UK, or very close to that price. Most consumer items are cheaper in the USA, possibly as their government doesn't take so much tax, I don't know.

And the denizens of Uncle Sam land also pay about 25% of what we pay for vehicle fuel and then still complain about the price, the ungrateful so-and-so's ;)

Logitech make a good range of non-mechanical-switch gaming keyboards but having used mechanical keyboards for over a year now - I'm hooked.

On main system: Qpad MK-80
Bedroom system: Gigabyte Aivia Osmium.

My fave is the Qpad. Both have blue illuminated keys with variable brightness settings.

CSB

Reaction score
How much did you pay for your Qpad MK-80 Flops? I had a quick look and probably isn't the cheapest price online but I saw it for £100 on Amazon :eek: (sold ny Amazon, not a third party seller). Very nice though I must say.

I'm new to these kind of keyboards so not up on the mechanical keys blah blah blah stuff. Can you set the keyboard to only light up certain keys for gaming in the dark or something is it? lol

I should really spend more time reading up on this. I would but still in work until 8pm and you guys are more interesting than my work. Post or work, post or work hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ask a Question