Corsair Carbide SPEC 01

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Vortez have published their review of the Corsair Carbide SPEC 01 case - here's a snippet:

"Known for their excellent computer cases, Corsair are now a household name in this competitive arena. Whilst there are many series to choose from within their portfolio of cases, they aren’t synonymous with being particularly affordable and so Corsair has decided to switch the focus and appeal to the lower-end of the market with the new SPEC range which is found within the Carbide Series.

SPEC 01 is aimed at those on a very strict budget and yet it promises to deliver on the visual appearance, feature-set and quality. Can this new mid-tower steal the limelight for entry-level system builders? Join us as we evaluate this new computer chassis."

index.php

Read their full review here.

CSB

Reaction score
Is it just me, but I'm really starting to go off Mid Tower cases due to space limitations. I couldn't be arsed to work out if a certain cooler or card will fit as I'm busy enough as it is. I like peace of mind for a little extra when it comes to cases.

With that said, I think the clearence between the back plate and side panel is appaling from Corsair. Many PSU leads these days will struggle to fit along there without being tight. It also won't allow you to overlap any cables along those tight areas unlike my Antec 1200.

With that said, I realise these are cheaper cases so I shouldn't be so hard on them.

Attachments

• PC.jpg
    PC.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 5,285
  • PC 5.jpg
    PC 5.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 3,511
Last edited:

Ask a Question