Corrupted MDW file

Kate Black

I have a fairly heavily used Access 2000 database. The
associated MDW file has been getting corrupted more and
more frequently. I compacted it, which brought down the
size considerably, but it still became corrupted 2 weeks
later. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is
causing the corruption and what to do about it? Is it
possible to just rebuild the MDW file from scratch?

Eric Butts [MSFT]

Hi Kate,

I recommend that you rebuild the MDW file from scratch. Things you may
want to look at as possible causes of corruption is the file location, the
file server where it resides, permissions on the folder and file itself and
suspected users that maybe causing the corruption (e.g., inadvertently
dropping network connections as result of faulty network card).

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support
(e-mail address removed)
"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."