Copying Duplicate rows

terryvanduzee

Hello

I have a need to be able to do the following:

Scenario:
1000 rows that contain duplicates in columns A, C, E. (there are no
1000 duplicates, but 1000 rows contain data that could be duplicates).

Based on these 3 columns, I would consider it a duplicate record if al
3 columns' values are identical. However, Column E is an email addres
and I want to consider this column duplicate if the domain name is th
same. The excel function I created will extract the domain nam
=MID(E2,FIND("@",E2)+1,FIND(".",E2)-1), which will extract the domai
name to a new column (F). So, If A, C, and F are duplicate, it is
duplicate record. Columns B,D,G etc do not matter.

Is there a way to do this programatically? Ideally, I would like a
entire list of the unique values to be placed on another sheet.

Thank you
Terr

Tom Ogilvy

If you move A, C and F to be adjacent, then you can use Advanced filter
after you select the 3 columns - use the unique option. You may have to do
a copy => Paste Special with the current column F first.

Tom Ogilvy

"terryvanduzee" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...