Copying Data from a subform to another form

Reaction score
Hello all

I am very new to Access and struggling to finish off my training database.

The problem comes with the way I have had to setup the database due to 'client restraints' and possibly my inability to think of a better way around it.

I have courses for example

Course A
Course B
Course C

but some courses have subcourses which have to recorded also. These are induction courses with subcourses attached.

so we have course D (induction)

As it stands now I have the following tables

staff, course, booking and then I have had to create sub course, subcourse details and subbooking literally because I couldnt think of a better way to do it. The problem is that I have to show attendance on each of the subcourses in case anyone fails to attend on any one day.

So I have setup the course table with my fields and I have setup a subform on that form for the names of the people who have attended. What I want to do is copy those names from my subform and somehow copy or append into a new table.

My thought process was to copy the names of the people who have attended the main course and paste these names into each of the subcourses. I also want to pull the date of attendance and main course IDthrough if possible from the course form (in which the subform for attendance sits). Then to complicate matters even more I want to take the course names which sit in their own table called subcourse details and copy that into the new table.

In the new table it will show the date of attendance, the main course ID, the subcourse name and the names of attendees.

I know this has been a very overcomplicated and rambling message and I appreciate I might be asking for the world but I am stumped.

I have seen other messages sort of asking for what I want, but my ineptitude and lack of query writing skills has meant I can't substitute those ones with what I need.

If anyone can help, or indeed is still awake after reading this I would appreciate any ideas.

Thank you
Louise

Ask a Question