'copy to buffer' keys ?

- Bobb -

I tried using my 'printkey' utility in Vista to capture screenshots and
it doesn't work ( all distorted).
Also tried ALT+PRTScreen CTRL+Prtscn etc.
Anyway at this point to copy into a buffer, so when I have problem, I
can capture the screen and paste into a word doc etc ?

Bobb

Matthew Yost

Actually, there's no reason to do this anymore. Now in Vista, they have
what is called a Snipping Tool. If you go under All Programs ->
Accessories -> Snipping Tool, it will highlight you screen and ask you to
select the area that you want to capture. Select the area by dragging your
mouse from the bottom corner to the opposite top corner and then just let go
and it will capture it and then display the final results.

Hope this helps!

Matthew Yost
MCP, MCAD

Steve Drake

Works for me.

When you say, its all distorted, what do you mean by this? does it capture
the image but its kinda screwed.

Maybe this is a video driver issue? does it work with Glass off?

Steve

- Bobb -

Not in my build ... I checked Control Panel - Programs - add/remove etc for
'snipping" - nope.

All Programs -> Accessories
Lists "Sidebar" then "Sound Recorder" so printkey it is.

I have the same issue. I have a new system, a brand new Nvidia card with the
Nvidia beta drivers for beta 2. It doesn't really matter, because the same
thing happened when I had the MS drivers installed. It also happened with an
older Nvidia card too.
This sucks, as I want to get some screenshots with Glass turned on.

If this is the case though, how can people get screenshots? I have seen
them everywhere. What's so different? Is this just with Nvidia?

- Bobb -

I couldn't find this thread earlier: for an update see my new message:
" Screen colors on "snapshot" - Vista x86 and x64"
I had glass off - same problem but I installed DOS Printkey app and defined
a hotkey for it - not the "printscrn" Key - and it worked fine. See my new
note for screenshots.

Bobb

- Bobb -

someone here mentioned it earlier - I didn't / don't have it ( by
default anyway)

Mark D. VandenBerg

Start>All Programs>Accessories>Snipping Tool
-or-
Start and type "sni" in the box.

- Bobb -

Mark,
I'll try again later (I'm in XP now), but I tried it. in x86 , Start>All
Programs>Accessories> and no snipping tool there
Here's from an earlier reply to me - and my response: