cookie contanier does not correctly parse Set-Cookie header with domain token

Discussion in 'Microsoft Dot NET Framework' started by dav, Aug 12, 2007.

  1. dav

    dav Guest

    (sorry early post sent before finished...)

    hi,

    i am using HttpWebRequest with cookie container to perform web request.
    HttpWebRequest req = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(uri);

    the cookies are parsed correcly for Set-Cookie header like this:
    Set-Cookie: id=123123;
    and it can be retrived with the lime:
    m_cookies.GetCookieHeader(uri);

    if the set cookie header includes a domain entry, like the following line:
    Set-Cookie: id=123123; domain=www.domain.com; path=/

    the cookie header is not parsed correctly (the domain is the same as the Uri
    for the web request).
    and the line:
    m_cookies.GetCookieHeader(uri);

    returns empty string.

    please help this is urgent and if there is no mistake on my side, this is a
    bug!

    thanks.

    dav, Aug 12, 2007

  2. dav

    UL-Tomten Guest

    On Aug 12, 10:13 am, "dav" <dave> wrote:

    > (sorry early post sent before finished...)

    No problem. It's easy to get carried away.

    > if the set cookie header includes a domain entry, like the following line:
    > Set-Cookie: id=123123; domain=www.domain.com;path=/
    > the cookie header is not parsed correctly [...]

    According to RFC 2109, the above cookie should be rejected, since it
    doesn't start with a dot:

    4.2.2 Set-cookie syntax

    Domain=domain
    Optional. The Domain attribute specifies the domain for which
    the
    cookie is valid. An explicitly specified domain must always
    start
    with a dot.

    Could this be the problem?

    UL-Tomten, Aug 12, 2007

  3. Re: Re: cookie contanier does not correctly parse Set-Cookie headerwith domain token

    Hi,
    I am also facing the same issue.
    I dont think so its from the code.As the same code works fine on the other server (2008 R2 +iis7.5)
    Any clue why this is happening

    varsha motwani, Dec 15, 2010