Converting VS6 C++ to .NET Solutions

On MSDN I know there is a JScript example (Upgrading Visual C++ Projects to
Visual Studio .NET in Batch Mode) to upgrade VS6 C++ projects to .NET
solutions.

It converts the project files (*.dsp), but doesn't create the solution
(*.sln) file.

Is there an automated way to convert an existing VS6 C++ *.dsw to a .NET
*.sln?

That is essentially the equivalent of opening the VS6 C++ *.dsw file with
..NET and when prompted to convert the project & clicking 'Yes', the automated
method will do the equivalent.

We have several hundered programs that need to be converted.

Thanks. Jeff

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to MSDN newsgroup.
As for the VS6 C++ project to VS.NET (2003?) project's convering question,
do you means that you need to use some script or bat file to
programmatically do the convert? Generally, when we interactively open a
VS6 project in VS.NET 2003 , the IDE will ask us to convert it, does what
you want to do means programmtically address this? If there're any thing
I misunderstand, please feel free to post here.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: "=?Utf-8?B?ai5hLiBoYXJyaW1hbg==?="
<[email protected]>
| Subject: Converting VS6 C++ to .NET Solutions
| Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:45:05 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.general
|
| Hi,
| On MSDN I know there is a JScript example (Upgrading Visual C++ Projects
| Visual Studio .NET in Batch Mode) to upgrade VS6 C++ projects to .NET
| solutions.
|
| It converts the project files (*.dsp), but doesn't create the solution
| (*.sln) file.
|
| Is there an automated way to convert an existing VS6 C++ *.dsw to a .NET
| *.sln?
|
| That is essentially the equivalent of opening the VS6 C++ *.dsw file with
| .NET and when prompted to convert the project & clicking 'Yes', the
automated
| method will do the equivalent.
|
| We have several hundered programs that need to be converted.
|
| Thanks. Jeff

Hi Steven,
Yes. We are looking for a script or batch method to do the equivalent of the
IDE's conversion, otherwise we are looking at having to manually open several
hundred projects in the .NET IDE and convert them.

This would be rather time consuming. There must be some way of doing this
"programmatically".

Thanks. Jeff

Kevin Yu [MSFT]

Hi Jeff,

As far as I know, this requires VS.NET IDE automation to achieve this. I
think you have already read the following article

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html
/vclrfupgradingvisualcprojectstovisualstudionetinbatchmode.asp

In this case, I suggest you try to post in the following newsgroup. Threre
will be more professionals who can answer your question there.

microsoft.public.vsnet.ide

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."