Converting MAK activation to KMS

We have about 20 computers that are activated using MAK and we will soon have
8 more Vista machines online soon. (We will let them run within their grace
period)

We will need to convert those 20 machines to use KMS activation and the
instructions state to run the following script:

cscript \windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -ipk <setup key>

Is the setup key our MAK key or the KMS key?

Thanks in advance.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Neither, it is the key located in the PID.txt that is on your installation
media.
You have to go back to that product key.

The KMS key is only used on the machine that we be the KMS server which is
what all the clients will communicate with with:
929712 Volume Activation information for Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929712

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]