convert to NTFS lead to this

D

Dove

After i converted my fat32 to ntfs and create some users
and accounts, except my administrator account, all other
user encounter this problem after loggin, can anyone help?

Cswap: could not open service control manager

Rundll: An exception orrured while try to run "amecsa.cpl,
Run_DLL"

Cswap: Enable driver dcswap.sys Fail! can't load driver

I am using windows xp home edition, anyone?

S

Shenan Stanley

Dove said:
After i converted my fat32 to ntfs and create some users
and accounts, except my administrator account, all other
user encounter this problem after loggin, can anyone help?

Cswap: could not open service control manager

Rundll: An exception orrured while try to run "amecsa.cpl,
Run_DLL"

Cswap: Enable driver dcswap.sys Fail! can't load driver

I am using windows xp home edition, anyone?

Are the other users administrators?

D

Doug Knox MS-MVP

This appears to be related to your ADSL modem control panel applet. Limited users may not have the necessary privileges under NTFS to run this applet, or the applet requires access to information that the user does not have access to.

Check the web site for the company that provided your ADSL modem for more information.

This applet is loaded via the Registry, and you may be able to prevent it loading on Startup. From an account with Administrator privleges, click Start, Run and enter MSCONFIG Go to the Startup tab. Look for the entry with a name like AME_CSA, or loads rundll32 amecsa.cpl,RUN_DLL .. If found, uncheck it and click ok. When you reboot or log off/on, MSConfig will remind you that you're in Selective Startup mode. Check the box for "Don't show this message or launch.........." and click Ok. If you don't notice any problems with your ADSL connection, then you're set. If you do, then go back and uncheck the box for this applet.

Ask a Question