Convert Grams to Pounds

When I use the formula =convert(10.5,"g","lbm") it always show the error NAME.
I have tried "trace error" and "evaluate formula" but aren't getting a
answer to how to change text to number etc. or whatever needs to be
corrected.

thanks,

James Silverton

Stonepost wrote on Thu, 11 Oct 2007 06:35:04 -0700:

S> When I use the formula =convert(10.5,"g","lbm") it always
S> show the error NAME. I have tried "trace error" and
S> "evaluate formula" but aren't getting a answer to how to
S> change text to number etc. or whatever needs to be
S> corrected.

Perhaps, the answer lies in HELP:

"If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME?
error, install and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in."

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Gord Dibben

Tools>Add-ins>checkmark the Analysis Toolpak.

If you look for the CONVERT function in help you would see these instructions.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP