in Windows? I've tried using paint but this doesn't
support EPS.
There sure is. EPS (Encapsulate PostScript) files can
be converted by using IrfanView. You can download this
free program at the below website:
http://www.PCWorld.com/downloads/

Reaction score
@ Jake: You misread the question:

The question was, "Is there a way of converting from a bitmap to an EPS file in Windows?

This is not possible with IrfanView as far as I know. IrfanView can open some EPS files and convert them to bitmaps. It can only read the preview image if the EPS contains one. It cannot convert the EPS data to a bitmap. To convert bitmaps to EPS images you need a program that can autotrace such as CorelDraw or Serif™ DrawPlus. If the bitmap is complex, results are often disappointing.

Try Vector Magic for this task.

The attached image was converted to SVG from a bitmap using the Vector Magic service while it was still free.

Attachments

• R.zip
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,116
Reaction score
Mark said:
Is there a way of converting from a bitmap to an EPS file
in Windows? I've tried using paint but this doesn't
support EPS.

Try Ivan Image Converter software: This is the perfect solution for instant batch processing of all your images. The most comprehensive program of its kind on the market today, it converts to 44 file types from over 170.

Mark, you can convert all your BMP files to EPS one by one or in batch mode with one click.

You can find it here: http://www.ivanview.com/ivan-image-converter.html

Ask a Question