controls on mdiParent not behind Child forms

• Thread starter Francois Searle
  • Start date
F

Francois Searle

Hi

I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find why all my child forms of my mdiform shows behind my controls on the form?

Dim frm As New frmMyFrm

frm.MdiParent = Me

frm.Show()

Can anyone please help me. I want to place controls on my mdiform and show child forms above these controls.

Francois

G

Grigoris Tsolakidis

What controls? Did you mean that you put controls on MDI Form?
Hi

I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find why all my child forms of my mdiform shows behind my controls on the form?

Dim frm As New frmMyFrm

frm.MdiParent = Me

frm.Show()

Can anyone please help me. I want to place controls on my mdiform and show child forms above these controls.

Francois

F

Francois Searle

Yip. I am using the vbAccelerator's Explorer Bar - I placed it on the mdi form. Is there anotehr way? My forms seem to "slide" underneath it instead of, like with a toolbar, stopping against it. I have the same problem with a calander control.

Francois
Hi

Dim frm As New frmMyFrm

frm.MdiParent = Me

frm.Show()

Francois

G

Grigoris Tsolakidis

You can't do this on MDI Form - it's just container for other windows.
The maximum that you can do is to put a picture on it with you logo for example (and this is easy but not trivial).
If you want for some reason to show something - just put some controls on a sheet and
make it look like part of mdi ( without control menu, min and max)
Thats quick and dirty ideia....
Yip. I am using the vbAccelerator's Explorer Bar - I placed it on the mdi form. Is there anotehr way? My forms seem to "slide" underneath it instead of, like with a toolbar, stopping against it. I have the same problem with a calander control.

Francois
Hi

Dim frm As New frmMyFrm

frm.MdiParent = Me

frm.Show()

Francois

Ask a Question