ControlBox

G

I am trying to remove both the "OK" and the "X" buttons in the upper right corner. I am writing in c#. If I say this.ControlBox = false nothing happens. But if I say this.Text = "" the controlbox goes away. Now I have checked MSDN and tons of website and nowhere does it say you have to have an empty title to remove the controlbox. If this is the case I just need to know it is. The reason I don't like this is because on say an "Edit Item" form, it will say "Start" instead of being able to set the form title to what you want

Hope to here from you soon.

G

It should be enough to set this.ControlBox = false. I just ran this using both PPC2002 and PPC2003 emulators and it worked with no problems. Did you make use of the Form properties to set the ControlBox property to false? What device are you running on

Regards
Maarten Struys, eMV
PTS Software b

----- Bobby Canonn wrote: ----

I am trying to remove both the "OK" and the "X" buttons in the upper right corner. I am writing in c#. If I say this.ControlBox = false nothing happens. But if I say this.Text = "" the controlbox goes away. Now I have checked MSDN and tons of website and nowhere does it say you have to have an empty title to remove the controlbox. If this is the case I just need to know it is. The reason I don't like this is because on say an "Edit Item" form, it will say "Start" instead of being able to set the form title to what you want

Hope to here from you soon.

G

I am using VS 2003 with Compact Framework 1.1. Funny thing is that I installed version 1.2 the other day. Oh well. Anyway I use a hp1910 with Pocket PC 2002. I will create a brand new project and see if I can do it with a whole new project. Not sure what is going on.

G

Just check and my code works great on the emulator but when I run the code on my hp1910 it will not remove the "X". Now I have coded a program in eVC++ that does remove the "X". So I wouldn't think it would be a manufacturer problem. Not sure where to go from here? Any ideas would really be appreciated.

Ask a Question