contact title not printing consistantly

Chuck

Hi All,

I have some sort of a problem with titles printing consistantly on lables. I
have contacts that have titles of Mr. & Mrs. Sometimes the titles print and
sometimes they don't. I have looked at the Full Name view and the titles and
names are all in their proper places. Yet when the selected contact records
show up in Word (via ProWrite) a few have the titles missing. And it always
seem to be the same contact records. I even deleted and readded on of the
records and I still do not get titles to print. Any ideas?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

You provided no information. Suggest posting your address layout in complete
detail. Be sure to state clearly whether you are using Outlook fields or
Word fields.

Chuck

In the "Detailed Address Cards" View in Outlook 2003 I can see the title that
is associated with a contact. This appears to be synonomus with Outlook "Full
Name" field. The word template also has a field called "Full Name".

From this I would assume that "Full Name" from Outlook should be the same as
"Full Name" in the word template. And in most cases it is. But som,e times
there is no title in the word document. Just the name. When I say "title",
this is the salutaion of Mr. & Mrs. and not the Job Title.
--
Chuck

Chuck said:
Hi All,

I have some sort of a problem with titles printing consistantly on lables.
have contacts that have titles of Mr. & Mrs. Sometimes the titles print
and
sometimes they don't. I have looked at the Full Name view and the titles
and
names are all in their proper places. Yet when the selected contact
records
show up in Word (via ProWrite) a few have the titles missing. And it
always
seem to be the same contact records. I even deleted and readded on of the
records and I still do not get titles to print. Any ideas?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

You managed to answer none of my questions. You said you were trying to
print Labels, right? Printing Labels requires you to perform a mail merge. A
mail merge requires you to construct your address layout. Your address
layout controls which fields print and how. Post that information precisely
as I requested or no one can help you.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Chuck said:
In the "Detailed Address Cards" View in Outlook 2003 I can see the title
that
is associated with a contact. This appears to be synonomus with Outlook
"Full
Name" field. The word template also has a field called "Full Name".

From this I would assume that "Full Name" from Outlook should be the same
as

Chuck said:
Hi All,

I have some sort of a problem with titles printing consistantly on
lables.
have contacts that have titles of Mr. & Mrs. Sometimes the titles print
and
sometimes they don't. I have looked at the Full Name view and the
titles
and
names are all in their proper places. Yet when the selected contact
records
show up in Word (via ProWrite) a few have the titles missing. And it
always
seem to be the same contact records. I even deleted and readded on of
the
records and I still do not get titles to print. Any ideas?

Joined
May 18, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I can undertand what Chuck wrote completely. I don't know if you read properly his answer to your question. I have also read some of your responses to other users having a similar problem with Outlook. My conclusion: you never really wanted to help anyone.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] said:
You managed to answer none of my questions. You said you were trying to
print Labels, right? Printing Labels requires you to perform a mail merge. A
mail merge requires you to construct your address layout. Your address
layout controls which fields print and how. Post that information precisely
as I requested or no one can help you.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]