Console App question

Ron Vecchi

I am looking for a way to write xml data to file from a macromedia flash
executable. I was thinking about haveing flash call a console app with a
parameter...which is the xml string to write to file.

But is there a way to supress the console window from poping up. So there
is no visual effect of calling the console app?

Michael A. Covington

Ron Vecchi said:
I am looking for a way to write xml data to file from a macromedia flash
executable. I was thinking about haveing flash call a console app with a
parameter...which is the xml string to write to file.

But is there a way to supress the console window from poping up. So there
is no visual effect of calling the console app?

Make it be a Windows app with no main window.

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi Ron,

If you do not want to let the console window pop up, I think you will not
do output or input to console window, so you can do it in winform
application.
You can create a winform application without window. Simply, I think you
can just change your console application's "Output Type" from "Console
application" to "Windows Applicaiton", then the window will not popup.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Ron Vecchi" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Console App question
| Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 18:48:43 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| I am looking for a way to write xml data to file from a macromedia flash
| executable. I was thinking about haveing flash call a console app with a
| parameter...which is the xml string to write to file.
|
| But is there a way to supress the console window from poping up. So there
| is no visual effect of calling the console app?
|
| --
| Ron Vecchi

AlexS

You can do this using SetParent (Win32 api) with HWND_MESSAGE.
Check Platform SDK.

HTH
Alex

Dave

If you are executing the console app programmatically then you can execute
the console app and suppress the creation of the visble console window.

ProcessStartInfo i = new ProcessStartInfo(@"c:\MyDir\myapp.exe","args");
i.CreateNoWindow = true;
i.UseShellExecute = false;
i.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden; // not sure if you need this
Process p = new Process();
p.StartInfo = i;
p.Start();
p.WaitForExit();