Connection TimeOut

Henrry Pires

Good Day to all.

I have a store procedure that makes many queries, use cursors and some other
complicated calculations. If I run it on Management Studio it takes around 3
minutes and work fine. But when I run it from VB.Net it gives me connection
Timeout after only 30 seconds. I have configurate the connection timeout to
all possible values. Even 0 seconds that means no timeout. What I'm doing
wrong?

Henrry Pires

doen's the command assume the values of the connection?

Miha Markic said:
Try adjusting Command's timeout.

--
Miha Markic [MVP C#, INETA Country Leader for Slovenia]
RightHand .NET consulting & development www.rthand.com

Henrry Pires said:
Good Day to all.

I have a store procedure that makes many queries, use cursors and some
other complicated calculations. If I run it on Management Studio it takes
around 3 minutes and work fine. But when I run it from VB.Net it gives me
connection Timeout after only 30 seconds. I have configurate the
connection timeout to all possible values. Even 0 seconds that means no
timeout. What I'm doing wrong?

Miha Markic [MVP C#]

Not for command execution. Connection timeout is amount of time for
estabilishing a connection, not executing a command.

--

Henrry Pires said:
Good Day to all.

I have a store procedure that makes many queries, use cursors and some
other complicated calculations. If I run it on Management Studio it
takes around 3 minutes and work fine. But when I run it from VB.Net it
gives me connection Timeout after only 30 seconds. I have configurate
the connection timeout to all possible values. Even 0 seconds that means
no timeout. What I'm doing wrong?

Henrry Pires

Many thanks