Configuration Error

G

I always get the following error occasionally(and sometimes very irritating)..."UILib" is a library of my project...
It was working fine and no problem...but sometimes occasionally I get this erro
-------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'UILib'

Source Error:

Line 196: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/
Line 197: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/
Line 198: <add assembly="*"/
Line 199: </assemblies
Line 200: </compilation

Source File: d:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config Line: 198

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'UILib' could not be loaded

=== Pre-bind state information ==
LOG: DisplayName = UILi
(Partial
LOG: Appbase = file:///d:/inetpub/wwwroot/eSM
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bi
Calling assembly : (Unknown)
==

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind)
LOG: Post-policy reference: UILi
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/esmp/37394cef/fe96a4c0/UILib.DLL
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/esmp/37394cef/fe96a4c0/UILib/UILib.DLL
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///d:/inetpub/wwwroot/eSMP/bin/UILib.DLL
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind)
LOG: Post-policy reference: UILib, Version=1.0.1443.31586, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=nul

N

Nicole Calinoiu

I've seen a very similar problem attempting to debug one application. In
that case, modifying the compilation element in the app's web.config file as
follows resolved the problem:

<compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="true">
<assemblies>
<add assembly="*" />
</assemblies>
</compilation>

This basically just re-iterates line 198 from the machine.config extract
shown in your error message, and it really shouldn't be necessary, but it
did work quite nicely to fix my similar problem. YMMV...

HTH,
Nicole

Ask a Question