Conditional formatting on a function

James Silverton

Hello, All!

I can manage conditional formatting with values but is this
possible? I would like to display a value in a column in red
figures if it is the minimum value and, so far, despite reading
a number of responses to a Google search on conditional
formatting, I have not succeeded.

Thanks in advance.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

FSt1

hi
to find the minimum using conditional formating...
formula is.........=A1=MIN(A:A)

regards
FSt1

James Silverton

FSt1 wrote on Fri, 7 Mar 2008 07:53:01 -0800:
F>hi
F>to find the minimum using conditional formating...
F>formula is.........=A1=MIN(A:A)

Thanks but the problem is that I have a series of numbers
starting in U34 and I want to display each in red if it is the
current minimum.

In other words, if I have 100,101,342,202,99 in u34:u38, u38
should display in red.
Now if I add U39 on, 123,124,301, none of these should be red
but if I have U42 as 80 it should.

In the past, I just used another column to display, say, Current
Minimum, if that was so.

:

FSt1

hi
the formula i gave you will display the current minimum. even multiple
minmums should there be duplicates. and the conditional formating can be
extended by coping a CF cell and pasting as formats/
regards
FSt1