Conditional Formatting Formula

Reaction score
All

I am attempting to apply a conditional format and can not work out the function required - any help would be greatfully received!

Quite simply, I have a column displaying dates and I would like these cells to turn red when the current date comes within 7 days. I am led to believe I can use the TODAY() function to refer to the current date but can't equate the rest of the formula.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Adam

Reaction score
Just in case anyone else reads this with a similar problem a pal has just shown me the light.....

For example, the date in question is in column A1;
In B1 use the formula =TODAY()-A1 to give a number;
Then highlight A1 - Conditional Formatting - New Rule - Use formula to determine..... and insert the formula =AND(B1>(0-1000),C2<7) and select the condition (ie fill colour = red).

Whenever the date in A1 is within a week of expiring (or, indeed, has expired by anything up to 1000 days) it will then turn red. Also note the 'B' column in the example could be hidden from view to keep the spreadsheet tidy!

Cheers

Adam

Ask a Question