Condensing part of the X-Axis Excel 2007 charts

Cheekyaardvark

Wondering if anyone can help me, I have time data (weekly) plotted on
X-Axis of a Excel 2007 chart. I want to be able to condense/scrunch
prior periods so that it still shows the trend by week & to be able to
have clear analysis of the most recent weeks. A recent week interval
taking up the same space as perhaps 4 for earlier weeks
As if I could vary the interval unit change along the X axis
I have take a look around & cannot see a solution
I did think about taking one week per month for the earlier data but
there is not a rational basis (the weeks are production not calander
weeks) on which I could make this decision on & we would like to see
if there are specific weeks in the month that are causing issues

Thanks for any guidance that can be given

Pete_UK

Instead of plotting your graph directly from your table, generate
another table which averages each 4-week block before the current 4-
week block (and includes the current 4-week block as is) and draw your
graph from this second table. If you need help in generating the
second table automatically, post back giving details of what data you
have and which cells are used.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Cheekyaardvark

Instead of plotting your graph directly from your table, generate
another table which averages each 4-week block before the current 4-
week block (and includes the current 4-week block as is) and draw your
graph from this second table. If you need help in generating the
second table automatically, post back giving details of what data you
have and which cells are used.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Thanks Pete.. I did think about this as a solution but we want to be
able to view the individual weeks (even when they have been condensed)
to see if there are patterns within the months themselves.. In an
ideal world this would be a solution for maybe data that was more than
a year old, with condensed weekly visibility for 10 months data & full
visibility for latest 2 months.. Maybe I will have to settle for some
manual internventions
Thanks again

Jim Cone

You could set up the chart to look at specific portions of the data or all of the data using a
dynamic chart.
Maybe that would suffice.
I've posted a simple .xls workbook demo chart, from my "archives", on File Dropper...
http://www.filedropper.com/comboboxcontrolswhichdataisused-demo
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA .