computer stops responding/ locks up

G

my computer is not responding 20% of the time. All viruses and spyware have been scanned for and nothing shows up there.my restore would require using the original manufacturers disk, and I would lose many programs and files.Backing up everything I want to keep would require more disk space than a 3.5 floppy or even a blank cd-r. even the wizard for backing up files says it is unable to preform the task. what should I try next? does emachines have a troubleshooting wizard?

G

Dale, My VAIO Sony did that. The battery was overheating and shut it down. I sent it back to Sony and they replaced the battery. When I called and talk to support they seemed to know immediately what this was so I think it may be fairly common. It did this even when I not on battery power alone. Be careful you must back up because I lost everything when they replaced it
Maur
----- Dale Rouse wrote: ----

my computer is not responding 20% of the time. All viruses and spyware have been scanned for and nothing shows up there.my restore would require using the original manufacturers disk, and I would lose many programs and files.Backing up everything I want to keep would require more disk space than a 3.5 floppy or even a blank cd-r. even the wizard for backing up files says it is unable to preform the task. what should I try next? does emachines have a troubleshooting wizard?

Ask a Question