computer is blacking out

My comp. started blacking out recently. I am not sure what's causing this. Does anyone know what's wrong and how to fix this?

Will Denny

Like me - do you see any error messages? Does the 'blacking out' happen
when you are using any particular program, or is it random?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Jessica" <jes\> wrote in message
| My comp. started blacking out recently. I am not sure what's causing this.
Does anyone know what's wrong and how to fix this?

Navin R. Johnson

My comp. started blacking out recently. I am not sure what's causing this. Does anyone know what's wrong and how to fix this?

By blacking out do you mean that it gets all stoned then can't remember
where it was or who it was with the night before? If that's the case,
get it to a rehab center soon!

Seriously, we need more info to help you:

Operating System
Processor
When does it black out?
How old is the system?
How old is the monitor?

Have you tried power cycling the monitor when it is passed out?
Have you tried ctrl-alt-del while it's out?
Does it go out while you're working with it or is it only after it sits
for awhile?

The more info you can supply to us, the better chance you'll have of
receiving intelligent solutions to your problem.

Navin R. Johnson