Computer hangs=freezes

G

XP, sometimes while just sitting idle mouse freezes and only way is to reset computer. Sometimes while working in word or searching the internet it will freeze. Again have to reset to un freeze. Have deleted most programs, checked memory, diagnotic check and found nothing.

G

Grant

Jay said:
XP, sometimes while just sitting idle mouse freezes and only way is to reset
computer. Sometimes while working in word or searching the internet it will
freeze. Again have to reset to un freeze. Have deleted most programs, checked
memory, diagnotic check and found nothing.

Have you checked the cpu temperature?

G

Try to update your Bio
----- Jay wrote: ----

XP, sometimes while just sitting idle mouse freezes and only way is to reset computer. Sometimes while working in word or searching the internet it will freeze. Again have to reset to un freeze. Have deleted most programs, checked memory, diagnotic check and found nothing.

G

Hi Jay---Posted this yesterday but it seems not to have got on the forum
I had exactly same problem and spent days examining every aspect of the PC set up etc. but it carried on with the problem. I have XP pro by the way, so I decided to do a repair re-installation booting from the XP cd. This cured the problem and it has not yet re-occured over a month now. Do not forget to re install SP1 or your dial up will not work
regard

Peter

Ask a Question