Computer freezeing

G

Hi I'm on a privately built computer.It's a AMD Duron(tm)Processor 750MHz, 256MB of Ram running windows xp home edition version 2002 service pack 1.My question is why does it freeze alot.Not as much when im playing the game counter-strike, as when im surfing the web or doing anything else.It's done it ever since we got it.We have it set up with 5 different users with there own logins etc.People have told me its windows xp doing it but i believe it's got to be something else.Would anyone here know wut the problem posssibly is or wut i might be able to do to stop it?Thank you for listening and I hope someone can help.

G

Thnx for the suggestions I'll check into those things.Man i just reinstalled windows Xp home ed. and it froze like ten timesduring the windowsupdates i was downloading from thiswebsite.And there's one update i wont try to download nomore the critical update sp1 it froze everytime i tried to download it something iswrong with that download tho i see a buch of people in here having problems with that one.Any how thnx again.

Ask a Question