Computer building help

ianseh

Looking at building a media type computer. I dont know much about what
types of components are recommended but here are some specs a friend
suggested:

Intel pentium D 830
Asus P5GD Motherboard
1 GB ram
250 GF SATA HD 8MB 7200 RPM
16X DVDRW
Creative SB X-FI ExtremeMusic
ATI 9600 All in wonder PCI-X
450W Antec Case
19 Viewsonic LCD Monitor
Creative 5.1 Speaker

I am not a big gamer but would like to do some home video editing.

Are the above specs sufficient or is there something obvious that would
need to be upgraded or bettered? I believe the ATI 9600 is 128 MB - Is
there a need for a 256 mb and if so, what 256mb ATI All in Wonder card
would you suggest?

I was also looking at a Dell 9150 (XPS400) which contains some of the
same components but price is substantially more.

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Boba & Ilinka