Complex Median Formula

Reaction score
In the formula listed below, I am looking to find the median of prices of products that contain the word "peach" or "apple" or whatever in the description (column D on a separate sheet called "Menu Data"). The prices of the products are in the next column, "E" on the same page as the descriptions. Some of the products don't have a price listed so I have included an IF statement for excluding the blank cells. When I click the evaluate formula button, the first IF statement fails even though the sentence returned includes the word peach. The whole formula returns 0. Anyone know of a solution for my problem or a more efficient way of writing the median formula?

The problem is that it can't pick "Peach" out of a sentence that contains the word...

=MEDIAN(IF('Menu Data'!$D$3:$D$986="*Peach*", IF('Menu Data'!$E$3:$E$986<>"", 'Menu Data'!$E$3:$E$986,"")))

Thanks!
Nick

Last edited:

Ask a Question