Compiling Pb: 'System.DirectoryServices' namespace could not be found!

G

Hello,

I'm quite new in the .Net Framework Environment. I am currently trying to develop a VB.net appli that connects to my domain Active Directory using the "Microsoft.DirectoryServices" namespace, but when I try to compile the source file named "logoff.vb" using the following command:"vbc /reference:Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll logoff.vb" I always get the following error:
"BC30466: Namespace or type 'DirectoryServices' for the Imports 'System.Directory
Services' cannot be found."

Could someone help me find out what I forgot or what is going wrong?
Thanks in advance.
Julien.

T

Tom Shelton

Hello,

I'm quite new in the .Net Framework Environment. I am currently trying to develop a VB.net appli that connects to my domain Active Directory using the "Microsoft.DirectoryServices" namespace, but when I try to compile the source file named "logoff.vb" using the following command:"vbc /reference:Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll logoff.vb" I always get the following error:
"BC30466: Namespace or type 'DirectoryServices' for the Imports 'System.Directory
Services' cannot be found."

Could someone help me find out what I forgot or what is going wrong?
Thanks in advance.
Julien.

vbc /reference:Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll,System.DirectoryServices.dll
logoff.vb

You need to add the reference to the Dll :)

G

Thanks so much for your quick help Tom!
I got my appli compiled properly!
Julien.

Ask a Question