compilatio errors while compiling WMI code in C++

Reaction score
Hai All,

When I am trying to compile the example C++ code given at microsoft site, I am getting the following errors.

C:\Borland\BCC55\Bin>bcc32 -W WMI2.cpp
Borland C++ 5.5.1 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993, 2000 Borland
WMI2.cpp:
Warning W8057 WMI2.cpp 174: Parameter 'argc' is never used in function main(int,char * *)
Warning W8057 WMI2.cpp 174: Parameter 'argv' is never used in function main(int,char * *)
Warning W8004 WMI2.cpp 159: 'hres' is assigned a value that is never used in function main(int,char
* *)
Turbo Incremental Link 5.00 Copyright (c) 1997, 2000 Borland
Error: 'C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT PLATFORM SDK FOR WINDOWS XP SP2\LIB\WBEMUUID.LIB' contains invalid OMF record, type 0x21 (possibly COFF)

Can anyone guide me to resolve this issue?
I am new to WMI coding and learning how to program now. But I was struck at starting itself.
I have installed borland C++ compiler V5.5, installed win XP SDK and visual C++ 2005 express edition.

What path variables I need to set extra to make this work?
Can I use some other tools and ged rid of this problem?
If anyone have the good e-books on programming in C++ using WMI, please send to me.

Please help me to execute sample WMI code in C++.........

Reaction score
If any one know, what is the setup required before running WMI Program in C++, please reply here.
It will be of great help to me.

Ask a Question