Compatibility of C++6 & C++ .net 2003

leonid

Hello,
I just got VC++ .NET 2003 standard. Can I install it on
the same computer as VC++6 and use them independently?

Regards
Leonid

Sin

I just got VC++ .NET 2003 standard. Can I install it on
the same computer as VC++6 and use them independently?

Most definitly!

Ps: same goes for VB...

Alex.

William DePalo [MVP VC++ ]

leonid said:
I just got VC++ .NET 2003 standard. Can I install it on
the same computer as VC++6 and use them independently?

I don't see why not. I have versions of both on this machine.

Only one environment (the last to be installed) will provide just-in-time
debugger support. If you want to use the other one, you'll need to play with
the AeDebug registry key.

Regards,
Will

Carl Daniel [VC++ MVP]

leonid said:
Hello,
I just got VC++ .NET 2003 standard. Can I install it on
the same computer as VC++6 and use them independently?

Yes.

The only problem I've encountered is that installing VS.NET hijacks the
file-type registrations, so double-clicking on a .dsp or .dsw file in an
explorer window will launch VS.NET instead of VC6. You can manually restore
VC6's registration in the registry if you want. Be sure to install VS.NET
after VC6 is already installed.

-cd

Leon Finker

Hi,

I have both installed without any problems, except
for what others already mentioned (global debugger setting
and file extensions)

"leonid"