Comparing Memo fields

Reaction score
I have two queries, each with a "capability" and its definition (about 700 per query). Definitions are not formatted with anything other than punctuation.

What I'm trying to figure out how to do, is figure out which "capabilites" are similar between the two queries by a word comparison.

Here's what I'd like to have happen...

Definition 1 (query 1) - the definition words are parced, then compared to the parced words from all the defintions from query 2. At a threshold of similar words (regardless of the order in which they appear) the result is tagged. So if there are 10 (for example) words in common between the two definitions, both definitions (their key fields) would be stored somewhere. And so forth for all the definitions. I'd also like to eliminate words such as and, the, or, etc. and have the option for eliminating more words as my analysis matures (maybe all the words to be eliminated could be in a single field table?)

I'm not sure how to start - I thought of parsing each into an array and comparing, but am not sure if that's the way to go.

Any help would be appreciated. If someone could give me a push in the right direction...

Thanks,
Corinne

Ask a Question