Comparing data, need help.

Hello,

I am new to Excel VBA and needs some help with this comparing data between
columns. Column A and Column B are comparing with each others. Column A has
10 rows and column B has 5. If it matches, then output "TRUE" otherwise
"False" on Column C, outputs are on the same row as the letter it matches of
Column B. In this case Column C, row 3 and row 5. It is much easier if it
compare straight across using IF Else but this not the case. Thank you very
much for the help.

Allan

For example.

Column A: Column B: Column C:

Row 1 A U FALSE
Row 2 B X FALSE
Row 3 C G TRUE
Row 4 D Y FALSE
Row 5 E H TRUE
Row 6 F
Row 7 G
Row 8 H
Row 9 I
Row 10 J

Jim Cone

As you didn't post any code, will you settle for a worksheet formula?...
Enter in C1 and fill down...
=COUNTIF(A:A,B1)>0
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Allan" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
[...]

Thank you Jim, yes it works. Another case, if it is true, can I assign a
value to it.

For instance.
True=A
False=B

lets make a new row in D1 for the value of true and false.

Thanks much.
Allan

Jim Cone

You are welcome.