Compare and fill from table 2 to table 1.

Reaction score
Here is my situation. I have a table that each day will be filled up with appointments from an .xls file that is imported in to the table. It has a variety of columns with information about the appointment (date, time, etc).

The program that sets the appointments puts the representatives name but not the e-mail, which we need in the table as well.

What I am looking to do is create a new field in the table above (table1) called 'repemail1', then in a separate table (table2) I will create a permanent list with two columns, repname2 and repemail2.

Repname2 will contain the representative's just as it is seen in repname1 (from table1). Repemail2 will have the representative's full e-mail address.

I want to create a query that matches repname1 (table1) to repname2 (table) and then fills in repemail1 from table1 which is currently empty with the filled e-mail repemail2 from table2.

Any ideas?

Ask a Question