COmbo Box's third value

Jeff

I have a combo box with 3 fields in it. I need to create
a querry that looks at the value inthe 3rd field. How
would I do this? I know how to create the field in the
querry to look at the combo box, but I do not know how to
make it look at the 3rd field.

Example,
I ahve a combo box with room description, room number,
and fieldname.
The room description and room number are easy
recognizable ways for the user to select the room. I
need to run the querry off the fieldname to compare to
the fields in the main table.

The reason for this is that I have about 35 rooms that
the user can select. I need to generate a report and form
that will pull in all events that have been in the room
specified by the combo box.

Sandra Daigle

You can reference any column of the combo using the column property. It is
indexed starting with 0 so to get the 3rd column you would refer to it as:

debug.print me.MyCombo.column(2)

John Vinson

I have a combo box with 3 fields in it. I need to create
a querry that looks at the value inthe 3rd field. How
would I do this? I know how to create the field in the
querry to look at the combo box, but I do not know how to
make it look at the 3rd field.

Answered in m.p.a.forms. PLEASE don't multipost! If you want to post
the same message to two or three newsgroups (and don't post to more
than that!), crosspost instead: put all the newsgroup names in the
Newsgroups line.

Additional suggestion - set the Bound Column property of the combo box
to 3. This will pull the value of the combo from the third field in
its rowsource query.