COM Outlook addin ribbon buttons not responding in Korean Outlook 2010

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have a COM Outlook addin which implements a ribbon button in Outlook 2010. It's been working just fine for quite some time. Until someone tried to load the addin in the Korean version of Outlook. The ribbon buttons show up but do not do anything when clicked. In the debugger, I see the error message below whenever I click on the ribbon button "ERROR : Unable to load Typelibrary. (HRESULT = 0x8002801d) Verify TypelibID and major version specified with IDispatchImpl, CStockPropImpl, IProvideClassInfoImpl or IProvideCLassInfo2Impl".

I never hit my break point in the callback for this button, so something is going on in the event layer above my code I think. But I don't know what and I don't know why using the Korean version of Outlook should make any different. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm thinking it has something to do with the LIBID_Office macro used below when defining the interfaces my main addin supports:

, public IDispatchImpl<IRibbonExtensibility,
&__uuidof(IRibbonExtensibility),
&LIBID_Office, /* wMajor = */ 2, /* wMinor = */ 4>
The macro is defined as

extern "C" const GUID __declspec(selectany) LIBID_Office =
{0x2df8d04c,0x5bfa,0x101b,{0xbd,0xe5,0x00,0xaa,0x00,0x44,0xde,0x52}};

I see that the machine with Korean Outlook has entries in the registry for
the typelib version 2.5 but not 2.4. Compiling and specifying
2.5 doesn't seem to help the issue at all.

My English Outlook machine has entries for both 2.4 and 2.5

Ask a Question