COM/DLLs

G

Can anyone tell me of a better way to identify the binaries that need to be registered(So that i can register them with the FBA Registration Command). COM objects can be identified by their extention, OCX. Is that all for COM. And what about DLLs.

Thanks,
Vaddina Prakash Rao

S

Slobodan Brcin \(eMVP\)

You can use dependency walker to check for presence of DllRegisterServer function in dll.
Or you can make simple application that will search all dll files in certain folder and check if there is presence of this
function.

Regards,
Slobodan

prakash437 said:
Can anyone tell me of a better way to identify the binaries that need to be registered(So that i can register them with the FBA
Registration Command). COM objects can be identified by their extention, OCX. Is that all for COM. And what about DLLs.

G

Thank you,

Vaddina Prakash Rao

Slobodan Brcin (eMVP) said:
You can use dependency walker to check for presence of DllRegisterServer function in dll.
Or you can make simple application that will search all dll files in certain folder and check if there is presence of this
function.

Regards,
Slobodan

Registration Command). COM objects can be identified by their extention, OCX. Is that all for COM. And what about DLLs.

K

Kesavan

Hi Prakash,

If w.r.t the app you are working upon,you can identify the dlls
being run upon by utilising the dependency walker.Even a filemon usage
can give some help.Track the dll that is being used.It shouldn't
matter,you may anyhow need to include all the explicit dlls.As per my
guessing there shouldnt be anything more to the registeration of the
COM.

Regards,
Kesavan

Ask a Question