Colour Laser Question

Martyn

Hi

What is the general opinion on leaving colour laser printers switched on
24/7?

Benifits / Disadvantages

Martyn

Larry

I think most recent printers automatically go to sleep when not used for a
while, so I'm not sure it really matters that much.

The only concern would be storms and such if no one is around to secure the
printer.

-Larry

OKI Tech Support

Hello, Martyn!
You wrote on Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:01:58 +0000 (UTC):

M> Hi

M> What is the general opinion on leaving colour laser printers switched
M> on 24/7?

M> Benifits / Disadvantages

M> Martyn

Benefits:
Some printers have a features that require it (or better - recommend it) to
be powered up all the time. For instance Oki colours move its drums every
10-12 minutes to prevent rollers deformation and horisontal banding
accordingly.
Disadvantages: Power Consumption. Even in power save mode colour lasers are
powerfull enough to consume as much energy as an average bulb.

Best Regards,
Sergey Lebedev
OKI Europe Ltd. Russia
Tech Support