Color Profiles

J

Justin Shupp

I have a dual monitor system with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have calibrated each monitor using SpyderExpress and have a unique ICM file for each monitor. I can make the desired color profile default to the correct monitor and all is well after a fresh boot. The screen match each other in color and all is well. However, after the monitor sleeps and recovers, the color profiles are no longer being used. If I try to reload them, they load, but nothing changes. The only way way to correct the color, is to load different profiles, then reload the correct ones. I have tried everything I can think off, including changing the system defaults, not just "my settings".

Does anybody have any idea why Vista won't kick the monitors back on after they sleep (not the computer, just the displays) with the correct colors reloaded?

I have a x850xt PE (if it matters) - one monitor is connected with DVI, the other with RGB.

Thanks,
Justin

--

S

Sly Dog

Go here for additional information:

www.chromix.com

Ask for Steve's most recent (February 14, 2007) newsletter, issue #26.

I have a dual monitor system with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have calibrated each monitor using SpyderExpress and have a unique ICM file for each monitor. I can make the desired color profile default to the correct monitor and all is well after a fresh boot. The screen match each other in color and all is well. However, after the monitor sleeps and recovers, the color profiles are no longer being used. If I try to reload them, they load, but nothing changes. The only way way to correct the color, is to load different profiles, then reload the correct ones. I have tried everything I can think off, including changing the system defaults, not just "my settings".

Does anybody have any idea why Vista won't kick the monitors back on after they sleep (not the computer, just the displays) with the correct colors reloaded?

I have a x850xt PE (if it matters) - one monitor is connected with DVI, the other with RGB.

Thanks,
Justin

--

J

Justin Shupp

I can't seem to find that issue (they only have up to issue 20 available), so I am browsing the forums. I will post the request to the newsgroup there for the newsletter.

Thanks.

--

Go here for additional information:

www.chromix.com

Ask for Steve's most recent (February 14, 2007) newsletter, issue #26.

Thanks,
Justin

--

G

I found the article on Vista's Color Management System. Not very helpful,
other than admitting there is a problem. I guess I will just have to wait
until it is fixed with a service pack.

Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question