Color conversion to Pantone 368

G

I need Pantone 368 in my PP display and under custom I'm only allowed RGb & HSL. Do either one of these have a number I can use to get Pantone 368?

S

Steve Rindsberg

I need Pantone 368 in my PP display and under custom I'm only allowed RGb & HSL. Do either one of
these have a number I can use to get Pantone 368?

PowerPoint doesn't use Pantone colors. Pantone sells an inexpensive addin that lets you choose
Pantone-approved RGB versions of their colors, though.

For just a few here and there, the easiest thing is to fire up a drawing app like Illustrator or
Corel Draw, plug in the Pantone value you want, then have it convert to RGB (always turn any color
management features OFF first).

You don't say whether you want Pantone 368 coated or uncoated;

Coated, according to Corel Draw is R 97, G 191, B 26
Uncoated is R 89, G 181, B 72
There are also specs for matte and other types of paper.

Which raises the point that Pantone specs have little or nothing to do with monitors or even desktop
printers. The best you can hope for is "close enough" and you can't realistically expect the color
to be consistent across a range of monitors/printers. Just so you know.

G

Thanks a lot for your help. Pantone 368 C. As guess that means coated
reaaly appreciate your help

----- Steve Rindsberg wrote: ----
I need Pantone 368 in my PP display and under custom I'm only allowed RGb & HSL. Do either one of
these have a number I can use to get Pantone 368

PowerPoint doesn't use Pantone colors. Pantone sells an inexpensive addin that lets you choose
Pantone-approved RGB versions of their colors, though

For just a few here and there, the easiest thing is to fire up a drawing app like Illustrator or
Corel Draw, plug in the Pantone value you want, then have it convert to RGB (always turn any color
management features OFF first)

You don't say whether you want Pantone 368 coated or uncoated;

Coated, according to Corel Draw is R 97, G 191, B 2
Uncoated is R 89, G 181, B 7
There are also specs for matte and other types of paper

Which raises the point that Pantone specs have little or nothing to do with monitors or even desktop
printers. The best you can hope for is "close enough" and you can't realistically expect the color
to be consistent across a range of monitors/printers. Just so you know

-
Steve Rindsberg, PPT MV
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.co
PPTools: www.pptools.co

Ask a Question