CollectionEditors

mike williams

I have a collection class, which has windows forms panels as the collection
items.

I am adding the collection class to a control, which gets added to a form.

I have tried countless examples, but when I click on the collection button
in the property designer, the next collection property designer shows my
panels as type "Object" not as proper panels.

Thanks in advance for any help on this one, as it is sending me insane.

Mike Williams

Lion Shi

Hello Mike,

One of our colleagues has answered this question. You may find it at
following link:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=MP+"new+property+for+control+type+Form%2
2&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=%24eH2Lh8XDHA.2000%40cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl
&rnum=1

I hope that helps you.

Best regards,

Lion Shi [MSFT]
MCSE, MCSD
Microsoft Support Engineer

You assume all risk for your use. 2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
--------------------
| From: "mike williams" <[email protected]>
| Subject: CollectionEditors
| Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:57:12 +0100
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms
|
| I have a collection class, which has windows forms panels as the
collection
| items.
|
| I am adding the collection class to a control, which gets added to a form.
|
| I have tried countless examples, but when I click on the collection button
| in the property designer, the next collection property designer shows my
| panels as type "Object" not as proper panels.
|
| Thanks in advance for any help on this one, as it is sending me insane.
|
| Mike Williams

mike williams

This is not what I am after.

If I have a listview on a form, I can click on the items collection property
grid button, and I have a nice form with all of the properties associated
with a listviewitem.

On my form I have a custom collection object, and I want to add custom
collection items (in this case panels) from the propertygrid control at
design time.

Mike Williams