Cold Boot App Reload

Reaction score
I'm sure someone has already responded to this question, but I could not find an answer in the files.

I have an application that runs on a Pocket PC device fine. When the device does a cold boot, the application is lost. I then must reload the app using VS deployment. I have tried the following:

1) Created CPY and REG files to copy the files to Windows and use WCECMD.EXE (sample below):

CPY FILE:
\application\partinv\cab\netcf.all.wce4.armv4.cab > \windows\netcf.all.wce4.armv4.cab
\application\partinv\cab\symbol.all.arm.cab > \windows\symbol.all.arm.cab
\application\partinv\cab\system_sr_enu.cab > \windows\system.sr.enu.cab
\application\partinv\cab\wceldcmd.exe > \windows\wceldcmd.exe

REG FILE:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Symbol\Startup\Programs\Prog10]
"Name"="\windows\wceldcmd.exe"
"Command"="\Windows\netcf.all.wce4.armv4.cab"
"Continue"=dword:0
"ColdBootOnly"=dword:1

Should I have specified a different registry key?

2) Created CPY file of DLL's that are inside CAB files (sample below):

CPY FILE:
\application\partinv\cpy\Symbol.dll > \windows\GAC_Symbol_v1_0_5000_0_cneutral_1.dll
\application\partinv\cpy\System.SR.dll > \windows\GAC_System.SR_v1_0_5000_0_cneutral_1.dll

I tried to duplicate the file names created by VS Deployment. Should I have used GCACUTIL.EXE?

In either case, I get an error on application startup that reads:
PartInv.exe MissingMethodException
Form::OnLoad+0x15
Form::_SetVisibleNotify+0x1f
Control::set_Visible+0x1f
Applicaiton::Run+0x7
FrmScan::Main+0xd

I have read numerous MS bulletins and other material, but no one specifically states how to solve the problem. Any advice you can provide would be appreciated.

Ask a Question