Cluster and printers

Manlio

Does I have to create the port twice on the two nodes and to install
the printers driver twice as well in Windows 2000?

Do U know if 2003 suffers of this booring problem?

I know that I can use printmig (3rd party software) but this is just a
question for beeing sure .....

TIA

Manlio Frizzi

Manlio

Doug Frisk said:
I take it you're working with a print server in NT4?

You do need to install the drivers on both nodes, but you install the port
to the "virtual print server" in 2000, so you only install that once.
thanks

Curtis Koenig [MSFT]

Windows 2003 aleviates this, you only need to install the printers once,
then failover the group and they will also be installed on the second node.
You still have to create the virtual print server on one in the cluster
administrator as well.
--
Curtis Koenig
Support Professional

Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer - Security

Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may benefit. Thanks!

Is there a way to migrate printers from a non clustered print server to a server with MSCS?. If you use i.e. Microsoft Printer Migrator it migrates servera to serverb not using the cluster spooler resource

----- Curtis Koenig [MSFT] wrote: ----

Windows 2003 aleviates this, you only need to install the printers once,
then failover the group and they will also be installed on the second node.
You still have to create the virtual print server on one in the cluster
administrator as well
-
Curtis Koeni
Support Professiona
Microsoft Clustering Technologies Suppor

Microsoft Certified Systems Enginee
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer - Securit

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may benefit. Thanks
-------------------

Curtis Koenig [MSFT]

Yes you can use the print migrator to accomplish this as well I believe.
--
Curtis Koenig
Support Professional
Microsoft Clustering Technologies Support
MCSE, MCSES, CISSP

Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may benefit. Thanks!

From: "=?Utf-8?B?WnVsdQ==?=" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Cluster and printers
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 05:21:07 -0800