Clock or operator error?

Rohn

I want to add a running clock to a form. I used the following code in an older database and it seemed works. It wont work on my Access 2000.

I created a Label called lblClock on my form. Then I set the TimerInterval on the form to 1000 and put the following code in the Timer Event.

****************

Private Sub Form_Timer()

Me!lblClock.Caption = Format(Now, "dddd, mmm d yyyy, hh:mm:ss AMPM")

End Sub

Private Sub cmdClockStart_Click()

Me.TimerInterval = 1000

End Sub

Private Sub cmdClockEnd_Click()

Me.TimerInterval = 0

End Sub

****************

I get, Run-time error '438': Object doesn't support this property or method

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks, Rohn

sanfu at techie dot com

Rohn said:
I want to add a running clock to a form. I used the following code in an older database and it seemed works. It wont work on my Access 2000.

I created a Label called lblClock on my form. Then I set the TimerInterval on the form to 1000 and put the following code in the Timer Event.

****************

Private Sub Form_Timer()

Me!lblClock.Caption = Format(Now, "dddd, mmm d yyyy, hh:mm:ss AMPM")

End Sub

Private Sub cmdClockStart_Click()

Me.TimerInterval = 1000

End Sub

Private Sub cmdClockEnd_Click()

Me.TimerInterval = 0

End Sub

****************

I get, Run-time error '438': Object doesn't support this property or method

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks, Rohn

Rohn,

The good news is the code you posted works in A2K.

The bad news is the code you posted works in Ac2K........ <grin>

I created a label and two buttons, used your names and pasted in the
code. When I clicked on the start button, the date/time appeared and
started incrementing. The label has to be really wide - 2.25".

Where is the error occurring? Check the control names, maybe your
computer can't spell very well.... mine is always adding or changring
wordes...

Set a break point in the cmdClockStart_Click() code and trace the code.

It shoule work... <grin> (darn conputer!!!)

HTH

Rohn

My error....

It works on my older database A2k but now that I have upgraded to A2002 and
then this week to A2003 my clocks don't work?

Same everything.... just a different version and it wont work! Do I need
different code or something!

thanks for the help so far, Rohn