Client Access File Transfer from Excel 2010

B

B Roberson

I need a new macro comman because the old one that we have used since Excel2003 has stopped working with a new com based addin for client access thatIT has put into a new PC in our group. This is the first time I have run into this. The others in our group for now can still use this macro command I am about to show you.

Application.Run "Showexceluploaddialog"

In the older versions, this brings up the xllbased add-in in Excel that is driven by the file cwbtxla.xll. I wanted to copy and paste the dialog box in here that is the File Transfer Operation to the Iseries, but this google groups interface would not let me paste in here.

Anyway, the problem in a nutshell is the macro above does not bring up thisdialog anymore. Is there an updated macro I need to bring this up now?

If you can tell me how to paste the snip in here to make this make more sense, I will do that.

Thanks,

Bruce

G

GS

Yes, that is why the macro is bombing on the new machine.

What language is the COMAddin written in? If it's VB6 then you may not
have the needed support files as many are no longer shipped with the OS
since Win6.0!

Otherwise, any COMAddins I have running in XP xl2003/7 also work fine
in Win7 xl2003/7

--
Garry

Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org
Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

B

B Roberson

What language is the COMAddin written in? If it's VB6 then you may not

have the needed support files as many are no longer shipped with the OS

since Win6.0!

That is probably the difference you are talking about Excel versions up to 2007, we run Excel 2010. Do you have any other suggestions other than having the macro highlight the text to upload and then manually running the transfer operation?

Thanks again....

Ask a Question