Classic Commodore 64 lives again

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Haha, now that is a surprising move! I wonder how many they will sell?

I loved some of the old Commodore/Spectrum games - especially the Dizzy series!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
lol, I remember California Games, That was a great game! :D

Reaction score
I quite like this bit

Quote "Its 1.8Ghz chip is far faster than the 8-bit 1MHz MOS 6502 processor used in the 80's original."

Haaa Really? OMG noooo!

Reaction score
:DOh blimey swing the lamp, I remember buying a Sinclair thingybob for my son and sitting on his bed reading out the software so he could record it onto a tape so he could play games, that was a long time ago:). He has all grown up and and is a engineering manager for the BBC. I don't know where he got his brains from as it couldn't have been me so it must have skipped a generation.:bow:

Reaction score
From Memory

ZX81
Spectrum 16k
Spectrum 48k
Spectrum+ (this one had a Tape drive I think)
Spectrum 128 (think this one had a disk drive built in)

Found a link if you really have a look through

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZX_Spectrum

in later years Amstrad bought the rights to Spectrum if i remember correctly

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh it was a ZX81and a portable cassette player/recorder, thanks for refreshing my memory TD,

Reaction score
and thanks for the link TD I remember I was in the fire service at the time and could not afford the Spectrum at the time. Cor hasn't technology advanced over the last 30 odd years we at the time could not imagined at that time that we would have the Internet, Google Earth, and all the instant communication that we have now like Skype or things where one could have a virtual super computer to go crunching on to help solve the medical:thumb: problems in the world

Reaction score
:lol:I do belive he did work for SPECTRUM but not Captain Black he was on the dark side so to speak:thumb:

Reaction score
With a faster chip, do the games become unplayably fast? Or have we too gotten more dexterous?

Ask a Question