Class not registered - error

J

Justin Mansfield

Hi there, am having problems with MSN Messenger 7.0 it was working perfectly for a month or so, but in the past couple of weeks have been experiencing
some problems. Running Windows XP MCE on a Toshiba laptop.

They first came to light when I closed conversation windows, there is a pause of about 10 seconds then an error message pops up with the message:

"An error occured writing the message history for <contact>:

Class not registered"

It also locks up for about a minute when Winks are applied and when people send me messages it also locks up for about 20 seconds.

Has anyone had this problem and successfully resolved it? Helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. I've uninstalled, re-downloaded and reinstalled
it about 4 times to no avail.

Thanks

Justin

J

Justin Mansfield

Hello? Nobody willing/able to help? It seems that the Microsoft boffins on this group are more concerned with getting people's stupid bloody smilies
and other trite crap sorted out than actually helping to get the basics of MSN Messenger 7 to work properly. Bollocks to that, but then not unusual
for Microsoft to be more concerned with the packaging than with the nuts and bolts of how the sodding thing actually works. Sort your shit out.

Would it have anything to do with Firefox being my default browser instead of IE6?

Reaction score
I had the same problem after going through the lengthy process of removing some spyware from my computer thanks to Internet Explorer.

From what I can work out, Justin, it seems to have something to do with saving your conversations from messenger. Not sure what exactly, but if you turn off the option to save conversations, this might remove the error. It has done on mine.

Ask a Question