Citrix Metaframe Connection with XP professional client

we install a ctrix server to provide service for windows 2000 professional
client in last couple year and I never encounter any problem at all. But
since we upgrade to windows XP professional platform. THe connection was fail
while log on as restrict user unless we grants the client local admin right.
Here is the msg that I got:
"connection established. Negotiating capabilities" then it will drop the
connection after a few seconds.
Thank you for taking time to assist.

Vera Noest [MVP]

Check if your users have write permissions to the
HKLM/Software/Microsoft/MSLicensing registry key on their clients.

Yes, it works, I will create a script to grant the write permission for user
when they log on. thank you very much.

Rickard

You can also use group policy to set the appropiate registry permissions.

/Rickard

"Re: Citrix Metaframe Connection with XP" <Re: Citrix Metaframe Connection